Brazos Valley Cheese artisans use milk produced at local dairies to make award-winning cheese using traditional methods and no artificial flavors or colorings. Farm Bound will be taking you behind the scenes at the cheese shop to see how the artisans turn milk from local dairies into gourmet cheeses, including a tour of the underground cheese cave where they age the cheese. You’ll learn the methods and ingredients that make each cheese unique, and witness the care and creativity that goes into making Brazos Valley cheese. The tour will conclude with a cheese tasting, so you can sample several of their cheeses and learn to pair them with locally-sourced garnishes. When you leave you will be ready to create your own cheese tasting event!
This field trip will include:
- Behind the scenes tour of Brazos Valley Cheese kitchen.
- Introduction to how cheese is made, from the cow to the cheese board!
- Tour of Brazos Valley Cheese underground cheese cave.
- Tasting of Brazos Valley Cheese selection, paired with locally-sourced garnishes.
- Overview of how to pair cheeses, and recommendations on good combinations of Brazos Valley cheeses with local products like cured meats and small-batch jam.
Date: July 26, 2018
Location: 206 Halbert Ln, Waco, TX 76705
Accommodations: We will be indoors for the majority of this tour, except for a very short walk from the cheese shop to the cheese cave. The tour will require standing and walking, with limited options for sitting.
Dietary requests: If you have a food allergy or other dietary concern please contact us using this form.
Brazos Valley Cheese Tour